December 8, 2010

Two Panos

Guess what!!! It's Panoramic Wednesday! Though not all Wednesdays will consist of panoramics... in fact this may be the only panoramic Wednesday.... EVER! I just need some kind of intro... So enjoy this P.W. since it will be the last. 

 Independence Day

This is another one done with the help of HDR. I promise that not everything on here will be HDR, I just needed it this time for those clouds... Look at those clouds, they're worth it. 
So why was this one entitled Independence Day? Is it a real patriotic picture of my city hall? Is it a political statement on the metaphoric "dark clouds" that are heading our way as a culture? No, and no. This one is entitled Independence day because the clouds remind me of that sweet mothership from that movie... Independence Day. We are really starting to get a look at how deep I am... sad isn't it?
Send Help

Taking pictures in downtown St. Joseph gets annoying. This annoyance is not caused by the bad lighting conditions the buildings make for, or from the lack of landmarks that grasp attention, but rather for the people down there. At the very end of this street my car is parked, hopefully out of frame. Well a group of people were walking towards me with shopping carts. Not wanting to risk my camera, equipment, or life I walked back to my car and made it there before them and locked the doors. Yes I know  what you're thinking "this guy is paranoid, lacks humanity, a pessimist, etc." These all maybe true to some extent (or completely true) but I have good reason.... People in downtown St. Joseph... smokes crack. This applies to everyone downtown (of course excluding me at this very moment... maybe)So I'm in my car and one of the guys points over at me and breaks from the group and starts heading towards me. As he is a few feet in front of me I wave him on, showing him I'm not interested in a conversation and he turns and walks back to his group cussing about me, I called the session there quits for the day. I know, I know you were expecting a more exciting and adventure packed story, but instead you are left with just a rant about wanting crack heads to stay away from me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment