February 15, 2011

Abandoned Green Acres

The next 2 posts are pictures made from my photo shoot at the Green Acres Retirement Home here in St. Joseph. This site was once the state welfare home about 10 years ago. Since then nature has taken a hold of it and ravished it. 
I have wanted to shoot here for a while, on account that my great grandmother spent some time here in between other retirement homes and I remember how creepy, small, and life-sucking the rooms were then, and they have only gotten worse. When I brought up the fact that I had always dreamed of breaking in for a day to my camera club one of the members informed me he knew the owner and was able to get us in (much easier than breaking in). 
This first post will be for the building, a testament of its current state of disrepair. The next post will be a showcase of my chance to put some lights up and shoot with some models. 


 Chutes and Ladders 

 Wash Up 

 This is a picture of a room filled with dirt. There were a couple of rooms like this in the basement. I applied an HDR effect to this just so you could see farther back, and below is the same room, and that white thing to the right of the chair is a cat... A very old and very dead cat.



 Sample of the decaying walls. 


 Life Pops Up

 Filed

 Killing Room

Red on Green Acres

1 comment:

  1. I liked chutes and ladders especially. Great shots

    ReplyDelete