January 20, 2011

Abandoned

 It has been kind of an internet trend for photographers to go and shoot ran down, abandoned buildings, so this is my first attempt at seeking a building out. I saw these people demolishing this building on the outer limits of downtown St. Joe. I have went back a couple of different times but no matter if it's Sunday morning or Friday nights there was always someone there working on it. I finally found the property alone on a Monday afternoon, so this must be their weekend project. 


I didn't go inside or anything since I was alone (with just my usual golf club) and there is a homeless camp just a couple of hundred feet away that had pillars of smokes coming from the multiple fires they had lit. While walking to my car a group of homeless people rode up behind the building where I was parked and dismounted from the bikes they had come on. Luckily they were just set on getting to their camp. 


I wish I had photography friends :( I would like to have someone with me on shoots like this so I could explore inside a little more. Yeah friends would help.... or a pistol. 

This Building Does Not Have A Van On It's Roof 
This Building Does Not Have A Van On It's Roof  part deux
Glass Tiles

2 comments:

  1. Alex, I love abandoned buildings but would never explore inside this one, looks to dangerous. These are fabulous photos. And kudo;'s to you for waiting for the quiet moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, perhaps this one may be a little too ran down. Maybe I should be a little more concerned over weak supports than paranoid over homeless people. lol.

    ReplyDelete